General Manager, Albert's Schloss, Manchester
Salary: £70,000-£80,000 + up to 32% bonus
Albert’s Schloss, Manchester is seeking an experienced, highly motivated individual for the position of General Manager. Albert’s Schloss is a multi-award winning business and with typical weekly net revenues of around £300k, it is one of the most successful venues in the hospitality industry.
We aim to be world-class in every aspect of our operation and our GM is the key to fostering and developing a culture of high performance through leading, nurturing and developing their team to achieve success.
Leading a management team of 15, and 130 team members, we are seeking a high calibre leader who will drive team engagement, high quality food, drink, service and entertainment to deliver a world-class experience for our guests. We are seeking an experienced operator who is committed to their profession as a hospitality leader, and constantly strives to deliver exceptional business results through innovation, people, and sustainability.
What you’ll be doing
- Co-creating (with Director of Operations) and delivering annual business plan.
- Identifying objectives, goals and key initiatives for the business with all key departments and direct reports.
- Monitoring, coaching and encouraging management team to achieve goals through a structured and action-orientated approach.
- Encouraging a culture of obsessive guest experience
- Encouraging a culture aimed at highest possible team engagement.
- Fostering a culture of team development, growth and opportunities.
- Embracing and implementing innovation, best practice, and world class standards.
- Leading the business in financial success.
- Leading the venue in sustainable practices.
- Ensuring compliance in all health & safety, team training, and auditing.
- Analysing key data and metrics on a regular and timely basis to improve performance and results.
- Fostering a culture of team wellbeing, care and support.
- Ensuring team par levels are achieved and recruiting through a values and behavioural approach.
- Role modelling our values.
- Experience at GM level within a high-volume venue.
- Experience of leading and managing large teams and multiple departments.
- Demonstrable success in driving team engagement, team turnover, guest
- experience, and financial success.
- Experience of successfully managing budgets and P&L account.
- A genuine commitment to people development.
- Self-aware, disciplined, and consistent.
- Has high emotional intelligence.
- Self-motivated, goals focused, and action orientated.
- Data driven with strong commercial awareness.
- Leads with empathy and compassion.
- Able to have candid conversations.
- Highly organised, structured and disciplined.
- Effective at delegating tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Effective problem-solver and ability to multi-task.
- Strong and effective communicator at all levels.
- Knowledgeable and committed to their profession.
Who we are...
Albert’s Schloss is part of the Mission Mars Group – a 25 venue business (mostly Albert’s Schloss and Rudy’s Pizza Napoletana) with 1,200 colleagues and annual turnover of around £75m.
Influenced by our travels across Alpine Europe; Albert’s Schloss is a blend of roaring fires, tankards of Europe’s finest bier, delicious Bavarian inspired dishes from our Cook Haus and bakery plus seven nights of showtime.
We have been rated as an ‘Outstanding’ place to work for the last three years by Best Companies, and we invest in and develop our people whilst being true to our values of Fun, Authentic, Positive, Initiative, Neighbourly and Committed.
For more information about us, visit - www.albertsschloss.co.uk
Rewards for your hard work:
- Competitive salary of £70,000 - £80,000 (depending on experience).
- Bonus - earn up to 32% of annual salary per year (paid quarterly).
- Guest Experience Bonus (paid monthly).
- Team food available daily.
- Training and development courses at Mission Mars Hospitality Academy.
- International innovation and development conferences.
- Supplier trips and incentives.
- Annual Manager’s Conference at Albert Hall.
- Annual Awards & Christmas Party, Summer BBQ, Birthday Lunch.
- 50% discount in all Mission Mars venue for you and your guests.
- Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action.
This is an incredible opportunity for a hospitality leader and professional to lead Albert’s Schloss to continued success.
Our Talent team will review all applications within 7 days.