Rudy's People Business Partner
Rudy’s started life in Manchester. Our vision was simple, great pizza for everyone. Fresh dough made on site daily, the finest Italian ingredients and just 60 seconds in the oven to perfect the best Neapolitan pizza in the world. Since we first started stretching dough in 2015, we have grown to 18 pizzerias across 7 cities, with over 600 colleagues in our Rudy’s Famiglia. Our plans are well underway to keep growing across the UK, and we are excited to be looking for a People Business Partner to further develop our people and culture.
Rudy’s is part of the Mission Mars Group. An award winning ‘Outstanding’ Best Companies multi concept hospitality operator. Our mission is simple. Deliver world class food, drink, entertainment, and hospitality experiences for our guests. Our brands include Albert’s Schloss, Albert Hall, Albert’s Schenke and Zumhof Biergarten.
This new People Business Partner role is a true people generalist role and will be both operational and strategic working closely with the Group People & Culture Director, Rudy’s Operations team and the wider People & Culture team to ensure that Rudy’s is a world class place to work.
We are looking for an experienced people professional with a hospitality or retail background, strong employment relations experience, and proven success and passion for people development.
You will have several years’ experience at HR Manager or HR / People Business Partner level and preferably be CIPD qualified. You will be committed to your career as a people professional.
As People Business Partner you will spend a lot of your time in our Rudy’s pizzeria’s across the UK and at Ground Control (HQ) in Manchester City Centre.
You will enjoy working at pace within an authentic, entrepreneurial, and commercially focused environment.
This is an operationally focused and senior role with a key focus on employment relations, learning and development and team engagement.
- You will be the trusted advisor to our senior leadership team and a coach and mentor to our operations teams.
- You will be highly knowledgeable in employee relations, employment legislation and best practice, with excellent judgement skills and the ability to make commercially sound decisions.
- You will have proven experience of measuring engagement and developing strategic plans to improve team engagement levels and reduce colleague turnover.
- You will have a successful track record of developing, executing, and evaluating people development programmes and initiatives that drive engagement and positive outcomes.
- You will be responsible for developing our career pathways, learning frameworks and tools. You will be heavily involved in designing and executing training programmes at our new Academy in Manchester City Centre.
- You will be excellent at building strong and positive working relationships at all levels and be able to influence and drive the people agenda. You will have a positive, friendly, supportive, and professional approach as a senior member of the team.
- You will have experience in effective performance management and coaching, appraisal frameworks, and implementing successful succession planning frameworks.
- You will be highly organised, with excellent planning skills and a strong attention to detail.
- We are looking for an individual who is genuinely passionate about people development and culture to take this incredible opportunity in building Rudy’s to be a truly world class place to work.
What’s in it for you
- Bonus - earn up to 30% of annual salary per year.
- 50% off at all Mission Mars Venues for you and friends.
- Paid day off for your birthday
- Invites to big parties including a Christmas awards ceremony, summer BBQ and football tournament.
- 24/7 access to free, confidential and specialist mental health/well-being support.
- Training and development programme with over 38 courses for various roles and levels.
- Annual workshops to exciting (secret) locations.
- An independent culture where your ideas matter
- Invites to our people & culture events - including our Christmas Awards, Summer BBQ, Charity Party, Famiglia nights and much more
- Annual Managers Conference
- International conferences
Salary: £45-55k + up to 30% bonus